Monday, December 11, 2017

Review: The Special Ones



Title: The Special Ones
Author: Em Bailey
Publication Date: July 18, 2017
Genre: Psychological Suspense
Recommended If You Like: strange and unique reads, books about cults, strong female protagonists

The Book:

Esther has been one of the Special Ones for almost two years. This means she is viewed as a spiritual guide, an immortal being who lives a simple life in an isolated farmhouse and online chats with her eager followers. She is always watched by a mysterious he, the leader they have never met, who decides if they are living up to their true Special potential. If they aren't, they are renewed, and never return to the farmhouse again.

What I Liked:

Like another recent read, Hex, this book is fantastically strange and so unique. I love reading a book where I feel like I've never read anything like it before. This book is so mysterious, which meant I could not put it down. I had to know what was going to happen next.

Anything I Didn't Like?

Towards the middle of the book, I felt like things started to move maybe a little too fast. This is one of those books I think could have been a little longer to flesh out things even more.

So...?

This is a quick, gripping read that will keep you engaged and constantly guessing.

1 comment: