Friday, October 6, 2017

Review: Alex and Eliza



I love the musical Hamilton , and have started reading everything I can get my hands on about Alexander Hamilton since seeing the show. When I heard an author I had enjoyed in the past had written a young adult version of the story of Alex and Eliza, I knew I had to check it out.

Alex and Eliza was pretty good. I found, for me, it started out a little slow. I know the buildup was supposed to create conflict and tension before they admit their love, but it actually had me putting the book down a few times to pick up other books. It took me a while to actually finish the book because of this.

But once this story got going, I couldn't put it down. Even knowing how the true story ends, I was in suspense. De La Cruz made Alex and Eliza and all the real-life characters surrounding them come alive again.

So stick with this book. Give it some time. It's worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment